Home of the NightWatch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 97 registered users
The newest registered user is Hanyou

Our users have posted a total of 7628 messages in 1095 subjects

Binding Registry?

4 posters

Go down

Binding Registry? Empty Binding Registry?

Post by smitsmit Thu Mar 25 2010, 06:31

Lieutenant Bloodraven has proposed the concept of a NightWatch Binding Registry. We already patrol the HoB area through our new HoB Guard, but would like to make it's services more useful. In no way does the NightWatch wish to claim ownership of the HoB or anything of the sort. We would like to provide a useful service in which couples could register their binding with us, our HoB Guard would watch over the ceremony and hand out flowers to those present.

There is also the ability to keep uninvited guests away from the ceremony if their presence is solely to promote harm.

Either way, I would like to seek the opinion of the CLA on this matter. I believe it would be beneficial to the city, even if the sole role is just handing out flowers to binding patrons, similar to the role of GraveGuard.
smitsmit
smitsmit
Commander IV (Ret) - CLA Chancellor

City Location or Affiliation : Larch & 51st

http://nightwatch.vampire-legend.com

Back to top Go down

Binding Registry? Empty Re: Binding Registry?

Post by smitsmit Fri Apr 09 2010, 10:29

anyone???
smitsmit
smitsmit

Back to top Go down

Post by Damson Fri Apr 09 2010, 22:05

I don't see any negative aspects about it...
Damson
Damson
Senator
Senator

City Location or Affiliation : Alatáriël Maenor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 11 2010, 14:02

I love it! I think this would also be a great way to promote the Nightwatch as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cricket Sun Apr 11 2010, 15:17

I like flowers!! *grins*

For the sanity and safety of new happy couples, I think this is a great idea and a nice gesture to show the Nightwatch cares for everyone in the city.
Cricket
Cricket
CLA Chancellor
CLA Chancellor

City Location or Affiliation : House of Heorot

Back to top Go down

Post by smitsmit Sun Jun 06 2010, 01:02

We are now ready to begin this service and will be first opening it to members of our affiliated clans, those to be wed can register in our HoB news area. They can request event photography, an Honour Guard by our transit guards, or a list of vampires who should be kept from the ceremony. Any other requests, if they are plausible, we will try to make them happen.
smitsmit
smitsmit

Back to top Go down

Post by Solanea Sun Jun 06 2010, 23:07

Awesome!
Solanea
Solanea
Commander
Commander

City Location or Affiliation : NightWatch Commander

http://hallsofastarte.vampire-legend.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by smitsmit Sun Aug 22 2010, 12:47

Would it be possible for our affiliate clans to advertise this service? To apply to the registry, the engaged just needs to fill out the date and time of their wedding in our HoB news area, and the NW services will be there. We provide free flowers, NW Honour Guard, and if requested, will remove unwanted guests.
smitsmit
smitsmit

Back to top Go down

Post by Cricket Sun Aug 22 2010, 21:11

smitsmit wrote:Would it be possible for our affiliate clans to advertise this service? To apply to the registry, the engaged just needs to fill out the date and time of their wedding in our HoB news area, and the NW services will be there. We provide free flowers, NW Honour Guard, and if requested, will remove unwanted guests.

I think that is a good idea; you can also add the service to the wiki or papers for those to read about.

Cricket
Cricket
CLA Chancellor
CLA Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 05 2010, 03:15

smitsmit wrote:We are now ready to begin this service and will be first opening it to members of our affiliated clans, those to be wed can register in our HoB news area. They can request event photography, an Honour Guard by our transit guards, or a list of vampires who should be kept from the ceremony. Any other requests, if they are plausible, we will try to make them happen.

With SL down, it's been a bumpy ride, but if you could PM me a message containing exactly what you want to say, I'll be happy to mass message it to Capclan

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cricket Mon Sep 06 2010, 00:07

Ditto here...
I can certainly spread the word to my current members and then blast it out more when HoH re-opens.
Cricket
Cricket
CLA Chancellor
CLA Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 12 2010, 18:42

still in a holding pattern waiting for the message. Cap clan is going to have an awards ceremony soon, and it may be a good time to deliver it. I think to get the Nightwatch going again, we need to do something exactly like this, and blast the news to as many as possible.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by smitsmit Fri Sep 24 2010, 05:18

I'm holding off on the message as I'm awaiting BR's input on the issue, since the binding registry was her idea. I understand she's been pretty busy due to her human lately. If it turns into an extended delay, I will write the message anyway. If you see BR around the castle, please tell her to drop by.

Cheers,

Also sent the funds to RB for the Graveyard modification and the NW custom candle item, so hopefully that should be implemented in the next few days.
smitsmit
smitsmit

Back to top Go down

Post by smitsmit Sun Nov 07 2010, 12:07

We need to hammer out a few issues before this binding registry can be created.

The HoB guard has been monitoring activity in the Hob for months now, and on some occasions has observed people being scrolled out of the halls during bindings for the purpose of robbing them.

A: This should be declared illegal in NW city codes. Hob Guard should have the ability to immediatly diplace these offenders.

B: Our Binding Registry cannot be publicly viewable as it would then give these troublemakers the perfect times in which to initiate their scroll and rob procedure.

I recommend people apply for the Registry through our Hob News area, request desired services, but the actuall binding date be sent via PM, then kept on a a private board that is not viewable to the public.

smitsmit
smitsmit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 07 2010, 15:25

Sometimes bindings are scrolled to disrupt the marriages(sometimes the sirings) because the two being wed are disliked, so it just isnt for the robbing.

I think it would be good for NW to protect the festivities. You could put up a notice in the papers stating that you have a registry here to bring more citizens to this hall. Put it in the paper under the NW ad of services offered or something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down