Home of the NightWatch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 97 registered users
The newest registered user is Hanyou

Our users have posted a total of 7628 messages in 1095 subjects

MEDIA RELEASE, June 4 2009: Those Remembered Within

Go down

MEDIA RELEASE, June 4 2009:  Those Remembered Within Empty MEDIA RELEASE, June 4 2009: Those Remembered Within

Post by smitsmit Fri Jun 05 2009, 00:34

Media Release, June 4, 2009: Those Remembered within.

As many of you know, the Graveyard, at Larch and 50th is a very unique square within our city. It serves as a permanent memorial to fallen vampires who’s human players have passed on. Since it’s creation, it has been a place of dignity and respect to those remembered within. As such, they will never be forgotten and their memories shall always go on.

The NightWatch would like to compile more information about these individuals who once graced the city streets. Over the years, this information has sadly become scattered and sometimes difficult to find. We would like to have this information that is kept in one place, so that newcomers or longstanding citizens alike can always easily find and cherish these memories, and ensure that they never become just a name.

If anyone has information they would like to share, either of the IC pires themselves, or their human players, we would be grateful if you could share it. We are particularly lacking information regarding mommyofcamelot and elle.

We would also like to remind everyone, and let newcomers know, that Larch and 50th is considered to be an area of respect and peace, and therefore a ‘no attack zone’ within the game. As a personal choice, one can consider that the area also classically extends to its surrounding eight squares.

Sincerely,

The NightWatch

Here Lies Pazuzu. Brother We Hardly Knew Ye.

A shadow with many names, but in our hearts all the same. R.I.P. dearest elle

A silent Rogue in the Court of Shadows, forever remembered. Be at peace mommyofcamelot.

Marlena. Loved by all. Forever in our hearts.
smitsmit
smitsmit
Commander IV (Ret) - CLA Chancellor

City Location or Affiliation : Larch & 51st

http://nightwatch.vampire-legend.com

Back to top Go down

MEDIA RELEASE, June 4 2009:  Those Remembered Within Empty Re: MEDIA RELEASE, June 4 2009: Those Remembered Within

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10 2009, 21:01

I wonder if RB would allow a link in the graveyard that went to a simple webpage that had a set of conduct rules for the graveyard...

Back to top Go down

MEDIA RELEASE, June 4 2009:  Those Remembered Within Empty Re: MEDIA RELEASE, June 4 2009: Those Remembered Within

Post by smitsmit Wed Jun 10 2009, 21:27

I cant speak for RB as to a rule list being within the graveyard. I suspect (based on his FAQ description) and the fact that no in-game restrictions were coded into the square, that he believes the etiquette there is up to the player. (or up to other citizens to enforce it.) I dont know this for a fact, but it's the impression I got.
smitsmit
smitsmit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10 2009, 21:30

Money talks with RB, if we can write up a simple list of rules of ettiquite, I can approach him with a little cash, or at the very least get a final definative "no" from the man.

Back to top Go down

Post by smitsmit Thu Jun 11 2009, 05:10

It's worth a shot!

One thing to note though, over the past few years, the amount of biting/robbing/attacking offenses within the Graveyard has dropped significantly. This is likely due to the GraveGuards's campaign of informing all Graveyard visitors of the Graveyards purpose and etiquette. Offenders are all sent a message explaining the purpose, and informing them that their actions are frowned upon. The majority of offenders who get this message never offend again. Those who do are subject to removal from the Graveyard, but even after four years, I'm happy to state that the list is still very small.
smitsmit
smitsmit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11 2009, 17:20

It's gone WAY down. I can remember when the problem was rampant and epidemic. This is why the graveguard, and transit guards must ALWAYS be educators at all times, which of course, they have been doing a great job at, and succeeding in it. The proof is in the low disturbances of the Graveyard, and the number of donations made to the transit guards.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down