Home of the NightWatch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 97 registered users
The newest registered user is Hanyou

Our users have posted a total of 7628 messages in 1095 subjects

About Godmodding - MANDATORY READ

Go down

About  Godmodding - MANDATORY READ  Empty About Godmodding - MANDATORY READ

Post by Aristeen Mon Jan 23 2012, 03:02

The one RULE about RPing, is strictly NO GOD MODDING.  God modding is when you take the other vampires ability to react away from them.  For example:  She seemed to know every move I was going to make.  My frustration grew with every minute.  I had to do something that would throw her off.  I grabbed the dagger out of my boot and with one fluid motion, it went sailing through the air and hit her square in the heart.

Now, I didn't allow "her" to react or defend herself.  In other words, I played god.  That's a no no.  A proper way of stating that would be:  She seemed to know every move I was going to make.  My frustration level was high enough that I just reacted instinctively.  I, in one fluid motion, reached down grabbing my dagger and watched it sail through the air towards my opponent.

This allows the other person to either allow the dagger to hit them, in a place of their choosing, or, they can deflect the dagger.  Now, naturally, when you're RPing with someone, in a fight scene, there has to be some give and take on both sides.  Otherwise, it's going to become rather boring.  

Questions on god modding?  Ask.  Plain and simple.

You will find, that story line RP's generally take place within clans, in the newspapers and in other city portals.  Here at the Night Watch, about the only RP you'll find are live action RP's.  A live action Role Play consists of what normally takes place during a skirmish.   Below is an example of a live action RP:

The heat was on in the streets of Raven Black.  We'd been keeping an eye on Major Offender for weeks now.  He'd received several warnings and refused to speak to us as to why he had desecrated so many vigils.  Tonight was the night that he would come to realize, that his behavior wasn't going to be tolerated in this city.  He managed to show up at Dead Vampires vigil and he'd scrolled several mourners.  

I cautiously peered around the corner of the building at Willow and 85th and to my surprise, I saw him.  Major Offender was just...standing there.  It was as if he hadn't a care in the world.  I took in a deep breath and ran at him from behind and within a feet of him, pulled out a Holy Water and fired it off at him.  The smell of burning flesh hit my nostrils verifying I'd hit my mark.  I pulled out a scroll of displacement to make sure he was moved far away from tonight's mourning masses.  "Major Offender turns to powder, which disperses swiftly"

THIS is what takes place in a live action Role Play.  Some add the details giving it more of a story line, some just go for the point:  "I hit him, he's gone".   It will be up to you, how you wish to pull this type of RP off.   That's what I'm here for.  

Use this area to practice and hone your skill.  You can either Role Play with me, someone else here at NW or by yourself.  Just make sure that you let everyone know if they are invited to join in or not.  *See above explanation for Topic line.
Aristeen
Aristeen

City Location or Affiliation : Path of Enlightenment

Back to top Go down